2017, Welcome! This year, I choose to have a joyful expectation to see what God can do with my life.
I am a big believer in prayerful goal writing and selecting a word of the year. I can go to these goals and take a moment to pause, refocus and stay in my lane. I do a combination of personal, businesses, relationship and faith-based goals. Last year, my word was growth, and it was an adventurous year of growing our family, team, and brands Fotostrap, Fotolanthropy and Katie Norris Portrait Arts. I am excited and challenged by my choice this year. Essentialism: The disciplined pursuit of less. To do less, but better so that I can receive the highest possible return on every precious moment. I am looking forward to a great year of working to be intentional with my purpose each day.
Do you have a word of the year? I would love to hear yours and encourage you in it this year.
On our family vacation, I picked up my husband’s copy of “Essentialism” by Greg McKeown. “Essentialism” is an excellent read and highly recommend it. As a working Mom, who is trying to balance family, passions and my brands it gives me great peace of knowing how to discern what is the best use of my time. Here are a few of my favorite bullet points that I hope can bless you in your life
– It’s about constantly pausing to ask, am I investing in the right activities?
– By investing in fewer things, we have the satisfying experience of making significant progress in the results that matter most.
– Experience the joy in the journey
– To discern what is essential we need space to think, time to look and listen, permission to play, wisdom to sleep, discipline to apply
– To have focus, we need to escape to focus
– Nothing fires up the brain like play!
– We need to pace ourselves, nurture ourselves, give ourselves fuel to explore, thrive and perform